2019 Kiln Drying Workshop
January 7 10, 2019
Venue:College of Enviromental Science and Forestry
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
This workshop will provide practical knowledge about how wood is effectively kiln dried and the scientific background to related wood properties and drying processes. The instruction and topics will be of interest and great value for novice and experienced kiln operators, as well as yard, sales, purchasing, marketing, and manufacturing managers. University professors and industry experts will instruct in the classroom and through hands-on lab exercises using modern kiln.
* Dr. William Smith, Program Chair; Professor and Director of Wood Utilization Service, SUNY-ESF
* Dr. Susan Anagnost, Professor, Center for Ultrastructure Studies, SUNY-ESF
* Tom Johel, President, U*C Coatings Corporation
* Robert Pope, Sales Representative, SII Dry Kilns
* Peter Sformo, Loss Prevention Consultant, W.J. Cox Associates, Inc.
* Neil Kohan, SUNY ESF
* Jeremy Howard, Nyle Systems
Registration questions: Katherina Searing: (315) 4706888 or email@example.com.
Program questions: Bill Smith (315) 4706832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkview Hotel – 713 East Genesee St., Syracuse, NY 13210. Phone r...